Business and Corporate Law
Pacheco Coto's Business Law Division is formed by highly specialized and experienced attorneys that combine a comprehensive understanding of modern business transactions with the Firm's renowned international profile in order to provide clients with sophisticated solutions in both local and cross-border transactions such as Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Corporate Restructuring, Project Finance, Distributorship, Agency and Franchise Agreements and Civil and Commercial Contracts.
The Business Law Team also advises clients in matters related to Free Trade Zone Regimes, Tourist Concessions, Customs Regulations, Anti-Trust and Consumer Law, International Trade and Insurance.
Pacheco Coto's Business Law Division has recently counseled clients in the following major operations:
- Assisting a multinational food company in the multimillion dollar acquisition of a local manufacturing and distribution operation.
- Assisting one of Costa Rica's largest industrial groups in the multimillion dollar acquisition of the two largest construction material outlets in the country.
- Advising a US Company on the leveraged buyout of a Costa Rican industrial manufacturer as part of the acquisition of an international industrial group worth US$60 Million.
- Counseling a foreign investor in a joint venture agreement concerning a mayor chain of department stores in Costa Rica.
- Structuring the multimillion dollar acquisition by a foreign multinational company of a Central American manufacturing and distribution operation.
- Assisting a multinational company in the setting up of their world-wide headquarters in Costa Rica.
- Reorganizing the corporate and legal structure of a mayor franchise operation.
- Assisting a local dairy company in the sale of operations to a multinational corporation.