Banking & Finance
Pacheco Coto's Banking and Finance Division counsels banks, financial institutions and local and transnational corporate clients on all aspects of banking and financial activities, including local and international banking contracts and complex structures, private equity funds and investment vehicles, regulatory framework, commercial lending, project and equipment finance, mortgage banking and securization in local and international markets.
Working jointly with the Firm's other Divisions, the Banking and Finance Team assists clients in the set-up of important business transactions, advising on syndicated loans, trusts, leveraged buy-outs and mergers and acquisitions. This Division also complements the efforts of the Firm's Litigation Team in banking and financial matters contested in court.
Pacheco Coto has recently assisted clients in the following major operations:
- Counseling a transnational corporate client on the local structure of a worldwide syndicated loan for more than US$1 Billion, where the local operation represented approximately US$200 Million.
- Advising a US Company on the leveraged buyout of a Costa Rican industrial manufacturer as part of the acquisition of an international industrial group worth US$60 Million.
- Advising a group of international non-governmental agencies on the setup of a US$30 Million Conservation Trust for the protection of the Osa Peninsula in Costa Rica.
- Counseling an international banking institution on the structuring of the local collateral for an international syndicated loan.
- Design and corporate structuring of a mayor Central American private equity fund with emphasis on telecommunications.
- Design of the largest local Real Estate Investment and Development project in Costa Rica.
- Advising a Central American client on the structuring of a transnational equity swap with a publicly-traded European telecommunications company, and the further disposition of the European shares, as provided by the agreement.